I’ve been a Mum for 7 years now. And have three kids. Boys. All of them. The first has ADHD/Aspergers, the second has Down Syndrome, and the third is just what one would call an unguided missile…that is to say he probably has ADHD too! So they are not ordinary children by any stretch of the imagination 😉 but for that I am grateful because they are teaching me so much!! And while there are so many many more than 10 things I have learnt, I thought I’d maybe jot down 10 of them for now. Randomly of course. There will be more another time.
10 things I’ve learnt about being a mum:
1. Choose your battles carefully
2. Kids love playing with grown ups
3. It’s ok for kids to get messy and muddy!
4. It’s ok for siblings to fight sometimes
5. A parent MUST get regular child-free times
6. A child MUST get regular one-to-one ‘special time’ with Mummy and/or Daddy. Every day if possible.
7. It’s important to talk with your kids and to communicate how you’re feeling. This in turn will help them identify how they’re feeling
8. It’s ok to cry in front of your kids
9. Praise, praise, praise. Always praise what can be praised; anything at all; ignore the rest 🙂
10. Pray, pray, pray…Seek God as He is the ultimate, the perfect parent!